Friday, August 15, 2008

21-25 June, Lieze-M and I











After our arrival in London Lieze-Mari came to join us in the Kensal Green hostel. She stayed over for a few nights because she was between jobs and wanted to spend some quality time with her good friend, ME! During those five days we explored bits and pieces of London - St. Pauls Cathedral, The Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Trafalgar Square, Notting Hill... We went on a bustour for a whole day - that was her birthday present to me: 'The Big Bus Company' drove us through the streets of London on an open bus. We stopped at Notting Hill and took a walk down Portobello road, with the famous art and antiques market, we walked to Buckingham Palace to watch the Changing of the Guard, we walked past Westminster Abbey and the Buildings of Parliament, London Eye... all the sights and places that are now so familiar, was still a first for me. The tour ended with a river cruise down the Thames.

Believe it or not, all the time I've been in London I haven't taken one photo with my camera. I take all my photos with my cellphone. I always forget my camera at home and because it wouldn't fit into my handbag, it is just an extra burden to carry around. Therefor, every time that Lieze-Mari is with me, she takes most
of the photos with her camera and promise to give it to me afterwards. So now, exactly 8 weeks later, I finally have some photos to show of my first week in London. My compliments to my photographer. ;)

No comments: