Friday, August 15, 2008

Water






Coming from the flat dry, binnelandse Vrystaat, I am not used to so much water around me! Because I live in the Docklands right next to the river, I see water everyday. If it is not a dock (usually full of boats), a pond (usually with ducks and swans) or even a fountain in the middle of the city, it is the Thames river itself or simply just a lot of rain. I took some cute photos at More London (on the southside of Tower Bridge) on a hot summers day. I was working at the Hilton Tower Hotel and arrived early, so I went to sit down at the fountains. The fountains are located near City hall, amongst all the office buildings and restaurants, with a view over the river and Tower Bridge. I was smiling at the two kids playing in the fountains with their swimsuits and sunhats. Their mother took them to the city to have a swim, like a parent would take her kids to the beach or to a public swimming pool! After work that afternoon I walked past there again and couldn't believe what I saw! The fountains was suddenly crowded with people, old and young, bathing in the sun and running through the water. Some kids were wearing swimsuits, but most people ran through the water with their clothes on, until they were soaking wet, and then went to lie in the sun to appreciate the scarce sunny afternoon in London.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jou "Water" posts is baie interessant, veral vir twee binnelandse plattelanders hier in Bloem is dit moeilik om die prentjie vir my te kan voorstel van so baie water. Dankie vir die prentjies wat ons kan sien deur jou blogs.
Christo