Monday, August 18, 2008

Postcards






Ok, so I get a little frustrated with my phone camera. The beautiful picture that I see with my eyes is never the same picture that eventually ends up on the small little screen of my 3.2 megapixel phone camera. The camera can't zoom without digitally distorting the quality, the colours is never quite the same, the dimensions don't look the same and somehow I can never get the exposure exactly right.


So I rather settle for postcard photos, taken by proffesionals. I can't seem to keep myself away from postcard stalls. Postcards portray London in so many different beautiful ways and if you buy from the right place you can buy a postcard for 20 or 30 pence, or sometimes you get a special, like 3 for 50 pence, 6 for one pound. The previous set of postcards I bought was 3D pictures of London. They were obviously more expensive, but it is a different way of looking at London sights. I sent those away to South Africa, though and didn't keep any for myself. The other day, walking home from work, I bought a few postcards at a stall by waterloo bridge. The photographers of these photos played with the light and the colours of the picture, giving a unique feel and colour to the London view. So before sending them away, I took a picture of each one. I do feel like I cheated a little, taking pictures of pictures and posting them as my own, but then again, because I took these pictures of pictures with my phone camera, all of the above mentioned problems are present again... I just can't win. Note, therefor, that the original versions of these pictures look better anyway.

No comments: